Serves 1 - 319 kcals per serving
- 2 medium slices of wholemeal bread
- 10g light spread
- 1 slice of lean ham
- 40g EatLean Protein Cheese, grated
- 20g sliced red onion
- 3 slices tomato
- Small handful of spinach leaves
- 10g lighter mayonnaise
- Heat up the toastie maker.
- Cover one side of each bread slice with the spread.
- Put one slice of bread, spread side down on toastie maker.
- Top the slice of bread with all the ingredients and then top with the second slice, spread side up.
- Close the toastie maker and cook the sandwich for 4-5 minutes until the bread is crisp and the cheese melted.
Tip – you can use a grill if you don't have a toastie maker. Just cook each side of the sandwich for 2-3 minutes under the grill.
Nutritionist Emma Brown (ANutr), MSc Human Nutrition is passionate about how food science applies to the human body, and how the nutrients in what we eat affect us and ultimately have an impact on our health.